Map Update for BMW Navigation 2022/2023
They say time is money so finding your way around as quickly as possible should be a priority. And keeping your BMW and MINI maps up-to-date ensures you’ll always know the best and fastest routes to get to your destination.
- Keep your maps updated without leaving your home
- Take charge of your time and find routes through new convenient roads
- Know exactly where the next gas station ATM or restaurant is
- Save fuel by choosing the most efficient ways to get to your destination
- Update maps simply in 5–30 minutes
Not Only The Latest Routes
When you regularly refresh your BMW navigation your map shows you:
- New roads opened or existing ones closed
- Time-saving detours for your usual rides
- Almost 300 000 new points of interest are added each year (hotels gas stations cafes etc.)
- Current speed limit information (for vehicles with speed cameras or Speed Limit retrofit)
Newest Map Releases
BMW recommends performing a BMW navigation system map update at least once a year. But roads constantly come and go so for anybody who drives a lot it’s better to get new information every three to six months. This is why we prepared for you BMW map updates that come both as a standard one-time update or repeated updates in periods that suit you best.
If you want your navigation to be updated every now and then you will need to contact us with your order number and VIN informing us that it’s time for a new BMW navigation update.
When you request a new map we will send you a download link where you can download the latest map version – you will need to transfer the downloaded file to a USB stick before updating your vehicle.
Type in your VIN to learn more about the BMW map update USB process as well as what kind of BMW navigation update is available. We offer Premium Live Motion Move Route
Compatible With MINIs
We know there are plenty of MINI enthusiasts out there so we made sure our map update was not BMW-exclusive.
Thanks to the MINI Cooper map updates owners of MINI vehicles can enjoy the same maps as BMW drivers and access the latest navigation information in their cars too.
Decode your VIN to check the compatibility.
BMW Map Region Change
Bought a BMW or MINI from another country and your maps were programmed for the region it was sold in? We can change your map region remotely! Enter your VIN to learn the details.
BMW Maps With Speed Limit Information
If you have speed cameras and want to display the latest speed limit information on your instrument cluster or HUD updating your BMW maps will ensure you’ll be shown the most current limits for your region. However, if you’re missing the cameras our Speed Limit Info retrofit (for compatible vehicles) will add an easy-to-see speed indicator right beside the speedometer and on your BMW head-up display (HUD).
The BMW map update USB process is effortless and straightforward. It may take about 5–30 minutes depending on when your last update was carried out.
By default, we send out BMW map updates on USB sticks which arrive at your doorstep within 2-7 business days. However if you want to have your update quicker (within 2 days) we can send you the map file via email.
You’ll also receive step-by-step video and PDF instructions on how to carry out the map update process. Please contact us for more information.
The list of available maps and regions for each BMW or MINI may be different. Identify your car to find out to which countries the BMW iDrive map update for your specific car extends and which year/quarter is covered.
- BMW 1 Series: Convertible E88 (2006-2013) Coupé E82 (2006-2013) 3-door Hatchback E81 (2006-2011) 5-door Hatchback E87 (2006-2011) 5-door Hatchback F20 (2010-2018)
- BMW 2 Series: Active Tourer F45 (2013-2018) Convertible F23 (2014-2018) Coupe F22 (2012-2018) Coupe M2 F87 (2014-2018) Grand Tourer F46 (2014-2018)
- BMW 3 Series: Coupe E92 (2005-2013) Convertible E93(2005 – 2013) Gran Turismo F34(2012 – 2018) Sedan E90(2004 – 2012) Sedan F30(2011 – 2018)
- BMW 4 Series: Convertible F33(2013 – 2017) Coupé F32 (2012-2018) Gran Coupé F36 (2013-2018) M4 Convertible F83 (2013-2018) M4 Coupé F82 (2013-2018);
- BMW 5 Series: Gran Turismo F07 (2008-2017) Sedan E60 (2001-2010) Sedan F10 (2009-2016) Sedan G30 (2015-2018) Sedan M5 F90 (2016-2018)
- BMW 6 Series: Convertible E64 (2002-2010) Convertible F12 (2009-2018) Coupé E63 (2002-2010) Coupé F13 (2010-2015)Gran Coupé F06 (2011-2018)
- BMW 7 Series: Hybrid F04 (2008-2012) Long Sedan E66 (2000-2008) Long Sedan E67 (2002-2008) Long Sedan F02 (2007-2015) Long Sedan F03 (2008-2012)
- BMW 8 Series: Convertible G14 (2019-2020) Coupe G15 (2019-2020);
- BMW i3 Series: I01 (2013-2021);
- BMW X1 Series: Crossover E84 (2008-2015) Crossover F48 (2014-2018) Crossover F49 (2014-2018);
- BMW X2 Series: SUV F39 (2016-2018);
- BMW X3 Series: SUV E83 (2003-2010) SUV F25 (2009-2017) SUV G01 (2016-2018);
- BMW X4 Series: Crossover F26 (2013-2018) SUV G02 (2019-2020);
- BMW X5 Series: SUV E70 (2006-2013) SUV F15 (2012-2018) SUV F85 (2013-2018) SUV G05 (2019-2020);
- BMW X6 Series: Crossover E71 (2007-2014) Crossover F16 (2013-2018) Crossover M F86 (2013-2018) Hybrid E72 (2008-2011) SUV G06 (2020-2020);
- BMW X7 Series: SUV G07 (2019-2020);
- BMW Z4 Series: Roadster E89 (2008-2016) Roadster G29 (2019-2020);
- Mini: Clubman F54 F55 F56 Convertible F57 Countryman F60;