How to Update BMW EVO Navigation from ID5 to ID6 Interface
Which BMW Parts Are Usually Replaced?
Autosvs NBT Evo ID5/ID6 kit includes genuine BMW parts, assembled for each vehicle individually. What exactly you need to swap out to get a newer system version depends greatly on your car’s specs. A rough list for a regular iDrive upgrade would look like this:
- Head unit
- iDrive controller
- Fully plug & play wiring harness
- But older BMWs might also require new trim parts and additional modules. On the other hand, newer bimmer cars may already have a screen or iDrive touch controller that fits NBT Evo ID5/ID6 perfectly, and the replacement of those parts is not needed (which will significantly lower the overall cost). That’s why it’s always better to contact us first to get the exact list and quote before making an order.
How to check BMW iDrive Version
In order to make a rough estimate for yourself whether the upgrade will be more or less complicated, find out what current head unit you have. The newer it is, the easier the process will be.
To know which iDrive system your BMW is equipped with, go to a free VIN check decoder and type in your VIN. If you have S609A, it means you have Navigation System Professional. You can find out more about it in our blog post on CIC, NBT, and NBT Evo head units.
In case your vehicle is equipped with S6UNA, S6UPA, or S606A, you have a lighter version of the navigation. Read about it in our article on basic BMW navigation iDrives.
This instruction shows you a guide on how to update the BMW EVO navigation main.
- How to Configure Connection Port for BMW E-sys Software
- BMW E-sys 3.33.0/3.32.1/3.30.01 Coding Software Free Download
- Use E-sys software to read out NBT-2 coding data
- Change hidden code HMI_ID_VERSION
- ID5 change to id6_light
- Press code FDL to update it.