CIC Wireless Apple Carplay Smartbox For BMW E Series
The Unichip CIC Wireless Apple Carplay smart box will compatible work with the OEM BMW CIC head unit and the original screen display. for the installation, you have to dismantle the head unit and screen display but all is plug and play. Some highlights about this BMW CIC proxy Wireless Apple CarPlay kit:
- It’s plug and play, no special coding nor activations are demanded.
- enjoy iDrive control, steering wheel buttons control when you’re driving
- BMW original proxy OEM integration, free options to enjoy with RCA (aftermarket CVBS rear camera update)
- Wired / Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wired AndroidAuto
- USB HD Videos
- Rear Camera with active guidelines
- All future upgrades via USB, support a USB power supply for charging smartphones.
How to identify your BMW CIC Navigation?
Maps are easily upgradeable by swapping out the Navigation DVD and letting the car power down completely from standby.
Car Models to be supported:
- 1-Series E81/E82/E87/E88 09/2008 – 03/2014
- 1-Series F20/F21 09/2011 – 03/2013
- 3-Series E90/E91/E92/E93 09/2008 – 10/2013
- 3-Series F30/F31/F34/F80 02/2012 – 11/2012
- 5-Series E60/E61 11/2008 – 05/2010
- 5-Series F07 10/2009 – 07/2012
- 5-Series F10 03/2010 – 09/2012
- 5-Series F11 09/2010 – 09/2012
- 6-Series E63/E64 11/2008 – 07/2010
- 6-Series F06 03/2012 – 03/2013
- 6-Series F12/F13 12/2010 – 03/2013
- 7-Series F01/F02/F03 11/2008 – 07/2013
- 7-Series F04 11/2008 – 06/2015
- X1 E84 10/2009 – 06/2015
- X3 F25 10/2010 – 04/2013
- X5 E70 10/2009 – 06/2013
- X6 E71 10/2009 – 08/2014
- Z4 E89 04/2009 – present
How to Remove the BMW CIC Head Unit?
Before you remove your CIC head unit, in order to take it out you would need to:
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal in your trunk
- Remove the top and bottom pieces of the trim taking into account all the connections behind them (it’s always better to use professional trim tools not to break any clips or leave scratches)
- Remove the faceplate (secured by screws)
- Unscrew the T20s that hold the head unit and gently pull them out
- Carefully remove all the connections in the back of the head unit
- Q: Will this work with iPhone IOS12.x or future updated newer IOS?
A: Yes, definitely it will be with our continuous after-sales service support.
- Q: How to update in the future?
A: all the upgrade files will be supplied by our Unichip Smart auto-development team, and upgraded via USB plug-and-play.
- Q: Will this work with Android mobile phones as well?
A: yes, we have a beta version free of charge for potential users to test with the android auto.
- Q: Will this kit support wireless CarPlay?
A: yes, supported.
IMPORTANT: Before you determine to place the orders:
- Unichip Smartauto is serving globally wide, in case your CIC CarPlay has some bugs during the operation, we will help you to enhance the performance time and support you free of upgrade service via USB;
- All the time you Must use an Apple-certified OEM USB cable to connect. before you place the order, please feel free to send us a picture of your CIC system or simply send us your VIN (vehicle identification No.) for verification.