BMW Coding for Enhanced Bluetooth / USB Activation
There are many things you want to do with your smartphone while you have to focus on driving – check out a new Spotify playlist through the car’s stereo system or accept calls hands-free without breaking your focus on the road. And with BMW Enhanced Bluetooth Update & USB Port Activation you will be able to do much more than that.
What is Enhanced Bluetooth? The most obvious benefit of adding this feature to your car is that audio streaming won’t just be something you’ve read about online anymore.
You’ll be able to play your favorite tracks through the car’s speakers via Bluetooth. In terms of BMW smartphone integration, you’ll also have the chance to connect your smartphone via a USB port giving much better sound quality (this activation adds support for Apple white cable meaning you don’t need a BMW Y cable adapter).
With the Enhanced Bluetooth package activated it’s also possible to pair up multiple devices simultaneously. Listen to music from your passenger’s phone and receive calls from your own!
BMW Coding Features
- Extends the multimedia capabilities of your BMW
- Lets you stream audio from a smartphone or MP3 player via Bluetooth/USB port
- Allows pairing up multiple devices via Bluetooth
- Gives read-only access to SMS messages email reminders etc.
- Provides USB audio playback through the BMW stereo system
- Enables you to use Voice Control to make calls without taking your hands off the wheel
Apart from media streaming if you have the Office Menu available in your car you will get to see SMS messages notes emails calendars or reminders from your phone on the iDrive screen. Please keep in mind that you can only read them
However, in vehicles with BMW Enhanced Bluetooth with USB and Voice Control feature, you’ll be able to dictate new text messages and send them without taking your hands off the wheel. Making hands-free calls is also supported.
IMPORTANT: The range of functions available after activating Bluetooth strongly depends on your smartphone as well as the BMW hardware and software in your car. For example, if you can’t access the calendar or read text messages after our activation it means that your smartphone is not compatible with the factory pre-set configurations of your BMW and this doesn’t let this particular feature work. Visit bmwusa.com/bluetooth (for North America) or bmw.com/bluetooth (for other locations) and check which features you will get for your device and vehicle after unlocking Enhanced Bluetooth and a USB port.
Depending on your vehicle Enhanced Bluetooth will be activated either via cable or with our innovative USB coding process. To find out which is available for your vehicle identify your car with your VIN.
The price and the type of BMW Enhanced Bluetooth Update / USB Port Activation strongly depend on the configuration of your vehicle. In order to find out how we will enable Enhanced Bluetooth and the USB port in your specific car (via USB or during a remote BMW coding session) please identify your BMW/MINI.
- BMW 1 Series: Convertible E88 (2006-2013) Coupé E82 (2006-2013) 3-door Hatchback E81 (2006-2011) 5-door Hatchback E87 (2006-2011) 5-door Hatchback F20 (2010-2018) 3 – door Hatchback F21(2010 – 2018)
- BMW 2 Series: Active Tourer F45 (2013-2018) Convertible F23 (2014-2018) Coupe F22 (2012-2018) Coupe M2 F87 (2014-2018) Grand Tourer F46 (2014-2018) Gran Coupe F44 (2019-2021);
- BMW 3 Series: Coupe E92 (2005-2013) Convertible E93(2005 – 2013) Gran Turismo F34(2012 – 2018) Sedan E90(2004 – 2012) Sedan F30(2011 – 2018) Sedan F35(2011 – 2018)
- BMW 4 Series: Convertible F33(2013 – 2017) Coupé F32 (2012-2018) Gran Coupé F36 (2013-2018) M4 Convertible F83 (2013-2018) M4 Coupé F82 (2013-2018);
- BMW 5 Series: Gran Turismo F07 (2008-2017) Sedan E60 (2001-2010) Sedan F10 (2009-2016) Sedan G30 (2015-2018) Sedan M5 F90 (2016-2018) Touring G31 (2016-2018)
- BMW 6 Series: Convertible E64 (2002-2010) Convertible F12 (2009-2018) Coupé E63 (2002-2010) Coupé F13 (2010-2015) Gran Coupé F06 (2011-2018) Gran Turismo G32 (2016-2018)
- BMW 7 Series: Hybrid F04 (2008-2012) Long Sedan E66 (2000-2008) Long Sedan E67 (2002-2008) Long Sedan F02 (2007-2015) Long Sedan F03 (2008-2012) Long Sedan G12 (2014-2018)
- BMW 8 Series: Convertible G14 (2019-2020) Coupe G15 (2019-2020);
- BMW i3 Series: I01 (2013-2021);
- BMW X1 Series: Crossover E84 (2008-2015)” Crossover F48 (2014-2018) Crossover F49 (2014-2018);
- BMW X2 Series: SUV F39 (2016-2018);
- BMW X3 Series: SUV E83 (2003-2010)” SUV F25 (2009-2017) SUV G01 (2016-2018);
- BMW X4 Series: Crossover F26 (2013-2018)” SUV G02 (2019-2020);
- BMW X5 Series: SUV E70 (2006-2013)” SUV F15 (2012-2018) SUV F85 (2013-2018) SUV G05 (2019-2020);
- BMW X6 Series: Crossover E71 (2007-2014)” Crossover F16 (2013-2018) Crossover M F86 (2013-2018) Hybrid E72 (2008-2011) SUV G06 (2020-2020);
- BMW X7 Series: SUV G07 (2019-2020);
- BMW Z4 Series: Roadster E89 (2008-2016)” Roadster G29 (2019-2020);
- Mini: Clubman F54 F55 F56 Convertible F57 Countryman F60 Paceman R60